Mar 1, 2013

For my Dad

I recently posted a video of myself doing a pull-up at bootcamp.  Now for some explaination.  I was doing pull ups with a band to "help" me as I could not even do one myself - but it's better then not doing them at all.  Also (so I don't seem like a total wimp if you see the video)  this was the end of 3 sets of 10 - not that I don't struggle almost as much on #1 as I do #31. 

My aunt made a comment on the video and I thought I would post her comment and my reply - I want to remember it always as my dad's memory has been very motivating in this process.  So motivating sometimes I cry after I finish a run because I just want to be able to share my progress with him.  Somehow I think I am honoring him as I become more fit and in some odd way I think I need to do this triathlon for him - I really don't need to and I know the thought process is silly, but I can't get it out of my head at times.  This post is not met to be depressing but demonstrate what life long effects setting a good example can have on your kids!

Sheryl Babbitt :its the babbitt power in you
Kari Babbitt Kuebler:  Aunt Sheryl - Many time the last 6 weeks of bootcamp I have thought about dads one armed push up or when I sat on his back while he did them so he had more resistance, and I cant forget the pull ups on the clothes line pole he did while we played in the yard, and how he would top it off with back flips the whole length of the yard at age 44! If I have half his drive I will meet my goals... But I cant tell you how badly I wish he was here to see me try new things and tell me I can do it... I dont know if anyone has ever believed in me like he did, or at least been so verbal about it. I would kill for of those random phone calls from him telling me how great i am right now.

3 comments:

  1. Aw! I hear ya. I so miss my dad's voice and feel the same way about my fitness and wanting to share it with him. He was so supportive! Keep it up, Lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison! What a great example set for us to be supportive of our kids!

      Delete
  2. I just read your blog. It brought tears to to my eyes. I also miss your dad's calls and emails. When I felt down and out he would tell me if anybody in this world can do this and be sucessful, it is you. Please know you can do this and I believe in you! Love and hugs
    Aunt Sheryl

    ReplyDelete