Jul 4, 2012

Guess what - I did not clean today

Guess what - I did not clean today.  I mean I did straighten up the house and I did pull out the vacuum to clean up the the entire box of chex cereal Isaac dumped on the floor before I was even down the stairs this morning.  But did I dust, mop, or clean a toilet? - NO.  Not because I did not have time but because I was busy with the following

1.  Researching backyard Chickens - I NEED THESE!  Mike says "we will see".  When I asked why we will only "see", he said "because I want to wait and see what you think you need next week before we go and buy chickens - lets see if you still want them in a month or move onto something else" - oh he knows me too well.  What neither of us know is what I will think in a month and if I will moved onto something else - I don't even know... the excitement of being me :)

2.  Running - YES, I RAN again!  So that only took 40 minutes including stretching but the coffee I had to have with my running partner afterwards took up another hour or so!  What took more of my day then running itself was the hour I spent going back and forth from the fitting room to the sports bra area at target trying to find the perfect sports bra for a nursing mom - It does not exist!!!!  Again - more time wasted getting ready to run then actually running.  Can I also mention that my arm strap for my phone has yet to arrive.  I have chose to no longer keep my phone in my pants - I just carry it.  It's a pain but better then having to take my phone in for a new one because it got "water" damage in my pants. 

3.  Looking at how to make a teething necklace for my daughter - which I now feel like I MUST do before we leave to volunteer at a week of junior high church camp in two days.  I would much rather baby girl has this to pull on and chew on then my shirt while I am with a bunch of junior high boys - no need to scar anyone for life.  Once I see something I have a compulsion that I must make it RIGHT NOW!  So somehow I must figure out how to get to the craft store in the next few days to make this!  (They are closed now and I work tomorrow- killing me to wait this long!)  And of coarse -  I have started to think about how I need to sell them and make lots because who does not want one when you have a teething baby - I am going to let that thought go and stick with the chickens for now and maybe make a friend or two a necklace.  Who else feels they have to have this???

4.  Going over our budget with the hubby to find we have spent WAY too much money on groceries since we started eating organic, cage free, and meat from animals that don't eat corn (I think that is right) - the food thing was really all my husband.  I just do as he instructs and get really excited he is at least trying to eat healthier.  We decided we will not give up our improved eating habits and our new shopping habits (more fair trade) so we really need to hit Trader Joe's more where it is a least a little more cost effective.  So then I go to Trader Joe's - is there anyone else that can just wonder around this little grocery forever?  Mike and I actually argured over who got to go as we love to find new healthy options for us and the kids.  I won (yeah!) because I said he could not pick out my yogurt :)

Wish me luck - we leave for camp on Saturday.  I am going to try to RUN three times, eat within my calorie limits (believe it or not our camp food is AMAZING so this will be hard), lead a group of junior high girls closer to Christ, run around and play games like I am a junior high girl, breastfeed my baby (yes all three kids go), get my kids to bed at night... and most important - make purses and hair bows out of duct tape, make bracelets out of pop-can tabs, and scarves out of old t-shirts!!!!!!!!!  This upcoming week is my heaven on earth!!!!!  Can't wait!  And not a bit of that was sarcasm - I love junior highers! 


8 comments:

  1. I'm going to trader joes next time. Busted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so did you actually find new running clothes? I thought you were all coming over to swim but thanks for keeping my kids all day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously I don't know how to comment on a blog but I'm sure you figured out who this is - your running partner:)

      Delete
    2. I did - not the cute ones I wanted to buy, but the ones on sale that work with large boobs (yeah I said that on here). We could not get the kids to go swimming. When I asked Ally if she wanted to go swimming she said "but you don't have a pool and I like your house more". Cracked us up!

      Delete
  3. so you found a sports bra for big boobs? do tell because i've been searching forever and cannot seem to find one that is supportive enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Opps. I posted a new comment instead of replying. Not feeling great, sorry!

      Delete
  4. Oh I have wasted hours in fitting rooms trying but never found it. The most supportive I found was from target and was not a small medium large but actually sized to chest and cup size. Still not great but I figure as I loose weight maybe they will get smaller and more managable. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I have wasted hours in fitting rooms trying but never found it. The most supportive I found was from target and was not a small medium large but actually sized to chest and cup size. Still not great but I figure as I loose weight maybe they will get smaller and more managable. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete